Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 9 months ago #21165

• 2li0
  • 2li0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi
I am new to the forum but an avid collector of QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I., I have been compiling for several years an index on all the QSA-KSA Medals known to exist in collections-Museums and Private hands up to this point
I have managed to cataloged around 370 medals
My other project is to write a book on Letters sent home by soldiers serving in the Volunteer, Militia, and regular battalions of the King's Shropshire L.I., and published in local newspapers,if any one has any of these I would be very grateful to have any copies.
All the very best PHILIP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 9 months ago #21178

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi Philip

You would be aware of the following sources but other Forumites may also find it interesting ; the Boers derailed numerous trains, especially in the guerrilla phase of the war.

The QSA to 7358 Pte J Wright has been with me since Feb 1986 and it is the only SLI represented in my "Casualty" collection.
It would be great if you can add a local newspaper report, etc giving more details about Pte Wright.

The photo and basic info above are from "The Journal of the CIV in SA" by MajGen Mackinnon.

Regimental records elaborate on the incident

Regards

Henk
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 9 months ago #21180

• Ian Brentnall
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Henk, are you available for a visit sometime and if so, where in SA are you? I'm in JNB in September and Cape Town next April.

Regards
Ian

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 9 months ago #21181

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi Ian
I live in Rosendal, a small hamlet halfway between Senekal and Ficksburg in the Eastern Free State. Visits from collectors are always welcome.
However, from 6-30 September we are away on our annual camping holiday in Namibia.
Henk

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 9 months ago #21182

• 2li0
  • 2li0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 15
Henk
I have sent you a copy of the casualty report taken from my local paper
let me know when you receive it
PHIL

Index of all known QSA-KSA Medals to the King's Shropshire L.I. 9 years 9 months ago #21183

• Ian Brentnall
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Henk, OK, September won't work. Have to see if things can be arranged next year. I'm obviously getting involved in collecting QSA's and have around 40 at the moment - just not sure what to concentrate on yet!

Kind regards
Ian

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds