Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

William Henry Gale Australian/South African 9 years 7 months ago #22134

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2121
Hi Adrian

I wouldn't leave it there if I were you.

Unless you are otherwise satisfied I would approach the vendor for a refund. It is rather disengenuous of them to claim that medals are as "per images below" (or words to that effect) and then they go and post a rather smudged and almost illegible photo of the very medal that is dubious. All other photos looked good to me which makes me question their bona fides.

I've seen your PM and will send the rolls anon.

Best regards

Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

William Henry Gale Australian/South African 9 years 7 months ago #22135

• capepolice
  • Thank you received: 427
Hi Adrian No 2,

I have just had a look again at the original listing for this group and under the small picture of the group is a little green "G" icon which represents a money back guarantee offered.

As Rory mentions it is rather disengenuous of them to claim that medals are as "per images below" etc however, with this money back thing you certainly should have a case to claim back your money if you so wish.

Hope it all works out.

Regards
Adrian
Part time researcher of the Cape Police and C.P.G Regiment.

William Henry Gale Australian/South African 9 years 7 months ago #22180

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Gentlemen,
For me at least, it would all come down to two things, firstly, the renamed medal that was not issued to Gale, when was is altered and for what reason, if it was done for Gale and worn by him, I have no real issue, which brings about my second point, the price actually paid for the group, really if it is more than the value of the other medals as a group, plus, the scrap value of the QSA, then I'd be rather unhappy about paying it.

William Henry Gale Australian/South African 2 years 4 months ago #79940

• Ruth
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Adrian
William Gale was my grandfather and I was so thrilled to discover your post as the medals disappeared after his death. Would you consider selling them to me so that we can have them back in the family? I would be very grateful if you would email me at [email protected] so that we can discuss this. Thanks, Ruth

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds