Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for my Great Grandad and need help looked everywhere with no luck 9 years 1 month ago #25672

• kizzame2
  • kizzame2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
help I have looked everywhere to find my great great granddad Albert Edward Perry I know he went to War(Boer) he was on the census in 1901 but not on 1911,so then figuring out that the war finished in 1902 I presume he got killed in late 1901 or 1902 I cant find him anywhere in the records im on Ancestry and other search engines,but cant find a Alfred Perry from Birmingham in any casuality records,when know through family history he was killed in a war and before 1911,but how where or when is a mystery,if anyone has any suggestions on which way to go next I would appreciate it thank you to all that reads this x Angie x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for my Great Grandad and need help looked everywhere with no luck 9 years 1 month ago #25673

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1536
Angie
Your supplied details of your GGF are not helpful, I fear! There are several soldiers with the name "A.Perry" listed in the principal, alphabetical casualty roll for the ABW. He could have been on active service in India or elsewhere and had no connection with SA. Suggest you start backtracking through family records/memories (which can be very misleading :unsure: )and - with a lot of luck you might even come up with details of his medal/s.
Good luck with your quest
IL.

Looking for my Great Grandad and need help looked everywhere with no luck 9 years 1 month ago #25675

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451
Angie - have you been through the service papers on FindmyPast?

May I ask what evidence you have that he did fight in the Anglo-Boer War?

I have just helped a gentlemen with a similar query to yours and we found that he was indeed in south Africa at the time but was a farmer not a fighter.

Regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Looking for my Great Grandad and need help looked everywhere with no luck 9 years 1 month ago #25678

• BereniceUK
  • Thank you received: 2300
Angie, if you live anywhere near Birmingham it might be worth looking through the old newspaper files for a mention of his name.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds