Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Court Of Enquiry Cpl Richard Furlong 5th Western Australian Mounted Infantr 7 years 11 months ago #46185

• dliepins
  • dliepins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Cpl Richard Joseph Furlong No 201 went missing at the battle of Brakpan on 15 May 1901. The London Times on reported on 13th May 1902 that "Court of Inquiry states that 201 Cpl R Furlong 5th W Australian MI, reported missing Grobellar Recht, May 15, 1901, was killed". Various Australian newspapers picked up this story adding Pretoria. What I am trying to find out is if it is possible to find a record of the Court of Enquiry? I have tried the National Archives in the UK and the National Archive in Australia with no success. i wonder if there would be a record in Pretoria? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Court Of Enquiry Cpl Richard Furlong 5th Western Australian Mounted Infantr 7 years 10 months ago #46589

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
dliepins,

I wonder if the Court of Enquiry records are sometimes embedded in the more general WO32 collection. There is certainly one there (Hildyard's attack on Vryheid in WO 32/8032). It is possible that the proceeding are not sufficiently catalogued in these collections?

The despatches may quote the outcomes of the Courts.

I don't know of any other specific CoE resources.
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds