Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lieutenant-Colonel Baden-Powell, Defender of Mafeking - Photo 7 years 4 months ago #50110

• cc
  • cc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
From an antique photo album scrapbook purchased in Melbourne:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lieutenant-Colonel Baden-Powell, Defender of Mafeking - Photo 7 years 4 months ago #50145

• Baden Powell
  • Thank you received: 34
Hullo CC. A great photo. I need to check for Elliot & Fry on mine. No mine is by Taylor in Mafeking. What publication did yours come from ? If you know.
Thanks for sharing.
Baden Powell aka James Suchma

Lieutenant-Colonel Baden-Powell, Defender of Mafeking - Photo 7 years 3 months ago #50219

• cc
  • cc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Just a clip pasted in a scrapbook I found in Melbourne, Australia, full of Victorian and Boer war clips, lots of pictures of military leaders, soldiers and marines (as well as local celebrities, performers, politicos and royalty). My guess is the photos in the book likely came from a local publication such as The Melbourne Argus, Ham's Illustrated Australian Magazine, The Age, or The Herald. The subject photos seem to be photogravure (slick paper) quality, not newsprint. I am photographing the photos for posting as time permits. Later on in the book there is an undated photo of "the late" Galant Major-General Baden-Powell and eight of his family members. [The General died in 1941.] The scrapbooker (un-named) did not preserve or record the publication on most of the clips.

Lieutenant-Colonel Baden-Powell, Defender of Mafeking - Photo 7 years 3 months ago #50220

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Very similar to the photo in Celebrities of the Army Book......

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.490 seconds