Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ORAM BOER WAR MEDALS 7 years 3 months ago #50417

• Aud
  • Aud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello from South Africa
A client of mine is looking for any medals to Francis Henry Charles Oram and his brother Albert.
They both served in Prince Alfreds Volunteer Guard, Uitenhage TG and PE Town Guard.
Albert also served in the ILH.
I know these included QSA medals but I am not sure what else.
Evidently Francis took the medals to a dealer in Durban to be cleaned and valued for insurance purposes and as he was in the early stage of Altzheimers, he forgot where he had taken them, causing him great distress.

My client is the great grandson and would be prepared to make any holder of the medals a full and fair price for them.
If anyone has any information, please contact me at [email protected].
Thanks very much
Audrey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ORAM BOER WAR MEDALS 7 years 3 months ago #50425

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Audrey,
Medals like those, do frequently turn up in South Africa and certainly will have far more appeal there, than elsewhere, but, quite frankly, I am staggered that the Durban dealer concerned, certainly appears not to have, in the first place, given the original client a receipt and in the second, clearly made no attempt whatsoever, to actually return them to their original owner.
Truly mind blowing!
Regards Frank

Aud wrote: Hello from South Africa
A client of mine is looking for any medals to Francis Henry Charles Oram and his brother Albert.
They both served in Prince Alfreds Volunteer Guard, Uitenhage TG and PE Town Guard.
Albert also served in the ILH.
I know these included QSA medals but I am not sure what else.
Evidently Francis took the medals to a dealer in Durban to be cleaned and valued for insurance purposes and as he was in the early stage of Altzheimers, he forgot where he had taken them, causing him great distress.

My client is the great grandson and would be prepared to make any holder of the medals a full and fair price for them.
If anyone has any information, please contact me at [email protected].
Thanks very much
Audrey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds