Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Proposed new forum sections: Natal Rebellion, First Boer War and Zulu Wars 6 years 11 months ago #53144

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873

Brett Hendey wrote: I agree with David G's comments about the "wider South African picture".
I recently posted on two of the new sections introduced by David B, and the lack of responses suggests disinterest and perhaps even disapproval of these posts. I had reasons for the choice of subject matter even though both may have seemed irrelevant to the main focus of this forum..

I believe we can look before and after to enhance our interest in, and understanding of the 1899-1902 Boer War without detracting from the integrity of this forum.

Brett

Sorry Brett but lack of responses does not suggest disinterest or disapproval...... I think that the expansion is great and I am sure that things will grow..... I think that David has done a fantastic job.......

I gave posted many subjects and rec'd no responses but the threads have been read many times....... This is the first thing, even before my email, that I come to every morning and read every new entry and have learned many thing from You, The Davids, Frank, Meurig, Berenice and many many more......

Mike

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proposed new forum sections: Natal Rebellion, First Boer War and Zulu Wars 6 years 11 months ago #53149

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Brett,

I would not take the lack of response to posts to suggest disinterest and it is definitely no sign of disapproval. Other than website maintenance and tweaking, I have not posted since Monday but do plan to respond over the weekend. I am certainly interested to expand my knowledge of events before and after the Boer War given, as David G mentions, the interrelatedness of the events.

So please do continue to post. I have learnt so much from your posts and would hope to continue to do so long into the future.

With best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Proposed new forum sections: Natal Rebellion, First Boer War and Zulu Wars 6 years 11 months ago #53159

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 716
Mike & David
Thank you for your encouraging responses. I hope that the new topics do prove to be successful. I have in the past wanted to post on topics that were not strictly ABW, but were still relevant, so now I will be happy to do so.
Regards
Brett

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds