Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Imperial Yeomanry - 6th Btn, 107th Co 7 years 3 months ago #50944

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2147
Well well well - a small world indeed! I have just acquired a group (QSA to J Adams, 107th Coy, 6th IY with his WWI pair to a Staff Segt. in the S.A.M.C.) and, lo and behold, on googling the 107th Coy I come up with this post complete with photo with my man second from left in the back row!!

Saxon - if you read this please could I ask you to send me a higher definition photo?

Regards

Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Imperial Yeomanry - 6th Btn, 107th Co 1 year 9 months ago #84188

• Embee
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Saxon, I see I am eight years behind but I came upon your posting of this photo quite accidentally while searching for general info on the 6th Btn, 107th Coy Imperial Yeomanry through Google. The young man seated at the front, far left, happens to be my 2nd cousin 2x removed, named James Coupe from Leith, Midlothian, Scotland. I found his military record and learned that he served from enlistment on 18 Feb 1901 until discharge on 11 Aug 1902, and was awarded the Queen's South Africa Medal. He was one of six children orphaned in 1890 following the death of the second parent, their mother. They were individually and variously taken in by grandparents, aunt, or in James' case, others.
I've recently been researching the lives of these orphans, and to come upon a photograph of James in a military setting was more than I could have hoped for and a real wow!
Again, many thanks to you for sharing the photograph, affording me the opportunity to see one of my ancestors.
Much appreciation and regards,
Margaret Briggs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds