Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Chapman family research (Australians in the Boer War) 9 years 1 month ago #25809

• capepolice
  • Thank you received: 432
Hello Charles,

Excellent news, I am glad that you managed to get hold of Robin and that the research is coming along well.

Charles, the KSA medal with both date clasps was issued off the Cape Police District 2 Roll WO100/359 page 181

Regards
Adrian
Part time researcher of the Cape Police and C.P.G Regiment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chapman family research (Australians in the Boer War) 9 years 1 month ago #25822

• charles.chapman
  • charles.chapman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, Adrian, that's exactly the record I found. (See attachment) However, there's a note on the left hand side of his entry which says "Issue on Appl (presume that means application)". And I'm not sure if he ever applied for the medal and clasps as they were definitely not with his other medals when we found them. :(

This is a very, very, very long shot, but do you know if there is any way I could apply for them on his behalf and, if so, where would I apply?

Cheers

Charles

Chapman family research (Australians in the Boer War) 9 years 1 month ago #25823

• capepolice
Hello again Charles,

I talk under correction but as far as I know or understand it, applications for Boer War medals closed off many many years ago. Even the claiming of WW1 medals has I believe, come to an end so I would say that there is little chance of you claiming his medal if it was indeed never issued.

What about an un named or name erased replacement which can be found from time to time to complete the group for display purposes ??

Regards
Adrian
The following user(s) said Thank You: charles.chapman

Chapman family research (Australians in the Boer War) 9 years 1 month ago #25847

• charles.chapman
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi again Adrian,

I forgot to ask - you obviously have access to Charles Ernest Chapman's attestation papers. Is it possible to get hold of a copy or site them on-line?

Many thanks

Charles

Chapman family research (Australians in the Boer War) 9 years 1 month ago #25848

• capepolice
Hello Charles,

Yes it is. I will get them copied for you when next in the Archives.

Please PM your email address.

Thanks
Adrian

Chapman family research (Australians in the Boer War) 9 years 3 weeks ago #26496

• charles.chapman
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Almost 2 months ago to the day I came across this website and posted some information about my grandfather who was part of the Australian Fourth Imperial Contingent on it. I asked for some help in terms of trying to find out something about him and have been overwhelmed with the assistance I've received. Thanks to you guys I have been able to compile a pretty comprehensive biography about my grandfather which I can now share with my family. The biography will always remain a work in progress, but for now we know so much more about this unfortunate man. Thank you all.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds