TOPIC:

Francis John Graham 7 years 1 week ago #52665

• sean graham
  • sean graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

This is my first time on the forum. I am an Australian living in Brighton, England. My Grandfather was Francis John Graham.
He was service number 22594. He was in the Irish Imperial Yeomanry. North Irish Horse, Belfast Company.
17th Battalion. 60th Company.
He was awarded QSA Medals Rolls. I do not know what they are awarded for. Would any one let me know please.

My father told me was awarded other medals but he did not tell me what they were for and they were stolen.

I am told i should make an appointment to go to Kew. To see special records of his service.
I have already been to Kew and got all the information above that you see. Should i make an appointment to go back to Kew to further my
investigation in to him to see if their is more on him as i just went to public records which any one could go to.
My father also told me that my Grandfather would of taken his own horse. I find that hard to believe. He is dead now so i cannot check that
Thanks Sean Graham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Francis John Graham 7 years 1 week ago #52667

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
When you say you have been to Kew, were you in procession of a reader ticket, did you actually order his service papers and read them, or did you look at online copies, did look at the digital folio regarding his medal roll entry whilst there, you would not normally be able to order the actual WO100 volume itself, he was entitled to the QSA and usual five clasps.

If not, you certainly should do.

No he would not have taken his own horse.

sean graham wrote: Hi,

This is my first time on the forum. I am an Australian living in Brighton, England. My Grandfather was Francis John Graham.
He was service number 22594. He was in the Irish Imperial Yeomanry. North Irish Horse, Belfast Company.
17th Battalion. 60th Company.
He was awarded QSA Medals Rolls. I do not know what they are awarded for. Would any one let me know please.

My father told me was awarded other medals but he did not tell me what they were for and they were stolen.

I am told i should make an appointment to go to Kew. To see special records of his service.
I have already been to Kew and got all the information above that you see. Should i make an appointment to go back to Kew to further my
investigation in to him to see if their is more on him as i just went to public records which any one could go to.
My father also told me that my Grandfather would of taken his own horse. I find that hard to believe. He is dead now so i cannot check that
Thanks Sean Graham

Francis John Graham 7 years 1 week ago #52683

• sean graham
  • sean graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much for your help on this matter Mr.Kelley.
I will make an appointment with The War Records at Kew.
I went a long time ago and went on line to see this basic
information. I just happened to be their in the area at the time.

I will email or phone them to organise it.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds