Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: How do users feel about a voluntary donation option? 11 years 7 months ago #5320

• janbeno
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I've only been a member for a short while. I joined primarily to find out more about the SAC.So i'm not sure if I have enough standing to comment, but here goes anyway...

Maybe another option as well as the £5 per year would be..a 'donate now button' ? If members have a bit of extra cash they could just chip in. The values could be as low as 50p ...

I also notice you have an online shop but with only a few items, maybe that could be expanded and a small percentage charged if sales are made between members?

I do think the method of payment has to be via paypal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: How do users feel about a voluntary donation option? 11 years 7 months ago #5364

• Henk Loots
  • Thank you received: 443
Hi

Noticed this topic belatedly.
Would be happy to donate : PayPal would suit me fine

Henk

Re: How do users feel about a voluntary donation option? 11 years 7 months ago #5365

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
David,
I think Brett is quite right and I'm sure everyone else would be in agreement on this.
Regards Frank

Brett Hendey wrote: David

Everyone who uses your site owes you a great debt of gratitude, so the option of making donations to maintain the site is an excellent one.

Regards
Brett

Re: How do users feel about a voluntary donation option? 11 years 7 months ago #5485

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1536
David
Have you decided anything about the voluntary donation option? My feelings about this are in an earlier message. To those out there who are reluctant to donate, I must say that this website, it's content and it's forum can be a great resource; with much more information than could ever be encompassed in a book or series of magazines. Viewed that way, donating a few quid is a good investment. My only regret is that I don't have time to trawl further!
Ian Linney.

Re: How do users feel about a voluntary donation option? 11 years 7 months ago #5493

• Mark Wilkie
  • Thank you received: 45
Agree, Paypal would probably be the easiest way to donate for those of us living in the way beyond.

Mark

Re: How do users feel about a voluntary donation option? 11 years 2 hours ago #10037

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4508
I have taken the step today to create a donate option which is available from the home page, on the left hand side below the sign-in section.

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.853 seconds