Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ancestor appears to have been awarded OBE DCM and MSM -need help 8 years 11 months ago #26346

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Tooltom,

The Stannard in Kimberley at the time will have been a different person. It was very unusual for men of the British forces to join local units although some did do this if their service time expired during the war.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ancestor appears to have been awarded OBE DCM and MSM -need help 8 years 11 months ago #26347

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
For the 'Presentation' on the roll, that could be presentation by the King perhaps?
Dr David Biggins

Ancestor appears to have been awarded OBE DCM and MSM -need help 8 years 11 months ago #26348

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I had a look in the London Gazette for his OBE but cannot locate an entry for him.
Dr David Biggins

Ancestor appears to have been awarded OBE DCM and MSM -need help 8 years 11 months ago #26351

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The Times of 20 Jan 1917 reports his promotion to Second Lt (Temporary Lt) on 15 Nov 1916.

An entry on 20 June 1920 records that he 'attained the age limit of liability to recall, cease to belong to the Reserve of Officers' on 15 June 1920.
Dr David Biggins

Ancestor appears to have been awarded OBE DCM and MSM -need help 8 years 11 months ago #26388

• tooltom
  • tooltom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi to Frank - that info is most welcome, as I could not find any military records for Frank, so thank you very much for your efforts. I did find his medal card for WW1, with mention of his OBE and DCM, but no reference to either, and no mentin of his LS&GCM either. Still looking for the gazette notices for his OBE and DCM, but trying, It appears he arrived in France in May 1916, and his medal card shows his rank as Captain

thank you again for your help, it is so much appreciated

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds