Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 7 years 3 months ago #50797

• Baden Powell
  • Thank you received: 34
I just noted this thread and decided to set aside Christmas Cookie Baking to read thru logs of my previous ABW collection and found two SJAB's to reference in Vol 1 & 2.

Group of Four, QSA Ord. J. R. WOOD
WAR MEDAL and VICTORY, 214697 PTE. J. R. WOOD, LABOUR CORPS
SJAB Medal, 1643 PTE. J. R. WOOD, WHALEY BRIDGE DIV.
My note indicates I acquired this from Kaplan for $50.00 US but not when at that price.

QSA, CC, OFS, TRANS
1238 ORDLY A. E. MOORE, St JOHN AMB BDE
My note indicates sold as Lot 172, Glendinings, Dec. 1989

I did note the one to MOORE was not listed above.
Later I will dig thru the other logs to see if I owned addtl SJAB's

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all... BP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 6 years 10 months ago #53472

• wash2599
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am looking for the Bronze St John Ambulance Medal to the following:-

887 Ord H.Peck - Birmingham Corps Q

I am in possession of his QSA and would like to purchase this medal to reunite the group

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 6 years 10 months ago #53687

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
This interesting group sold yesterday for a hammer of £800.

Picture courtesy of Reeman Dansie

Interesting Victorian and later St. John Ambulance medal group - comprising Victorian Jubilee (Police) medal 1897, named to 2nd Class Supy Offr A. Mackness. (one of 910 issued), George V Coronation (Police) medal 1911, named to 1st Cl. Sgt. A. G. Mackness., Service medal of the Order of St. John, named to 1st Class Sergt. A. G. Mackness. 8th July 1907, Queens South Africa medal with three clasps - Cape Colony, Orange Free State and Transvaal, named to 26 Sply Ofcr. A G Mackness. St. John Amb. BDE. and Edward VII St John Ambulance Brigade medal for South Africa, named to 26. 1st C Sergt. A. Mackness. Northampton Corps. (mounted on bar), together with mounted ribbons.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 5 years 5 months ago #60812

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Picture courtesy of DNW

QSA (0) (1420 Ordly: G. Wheelhouse, St. John Amb: Bde:);
St. John Medal for South Africa 1899-1902 (1420. Pte. G. Wheelhouse. Hebden Bridge Corps.)
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 4 years 11 months ago #63217

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Picture courtesy of Warwick & Warwick

QSA (3) CC OFS Tr (633 Ordly W. Barton St John Amb Bde.)
St John Ambulance Brigade Medal For South Africa (633 Pte W. Barton Hull Corps)
Service Medal For the Order of St John (5846 Cpl W. Barton Pier Div Hull No 6 Dis S.J.A.B. 1926)

Sold with SJAB East Yorkshire War Service enamel badge No 4072, SJAB Assocoation Cross to Walter Barton 77289 with date clasps 1916-18 and 1921-28 all numbered 77289, ribbon bar for first 2 medals, 3 SJAB buttons, 1914 Princess Mary Xmas tin with Xmas card and OHMS Rail Warrant issued by No 20 General Hospital, Elandsfontein to Pte W. Barton dated 18/4/1901.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Register of Surviving medals awarded to St John Ambulance Brigade 4 years 9 months ago #64214

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Picture courtesy of DNW

QSA (5) CC OFS Tr 01 02, unofficial rivets either side of Tr and clasp not confirmed (365 Ordly: M. Wood. St. John Amb: Bde:);
St. John Medal for South Africa 1899-1902 (365. Pte. M. Wood. North Staffs Corps.)

M. Wood served as an Orderly with the North Staffordshire Corps, St. John Ambulance Brigade in South Africa during the Boer War, being discharged sick to Cape Town on 9 July 1900. He subsequently joined the South African Constabulary and served with ‘C’ Division in 1901 and 1902, before being discharged on 19 September 1902.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.673 seconds