Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

QSAs with the clasp Defence of Ladysmith 10 years 6 months ago #14612

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hello Frank,
Thank you for your comments.
Some nice medals around as David noted in the Wakefield thread, have to stick to my monthly budget though ;)
Got the badge off one of my badge dealer friends, had to have it after I had purchased the KRRC QSA :)

Paul :)

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Paul,
Yes, I have always thought a good regiment, I've always liked the old 60th, they were involved in the Transvaal War too, I think with the large number of QSA's around these days, the price does become all important as well, nothing else caught your eye then?
Nice badge, did you buy that there as well?
You had a far better day than I did, yesterday! :(
Regards Frank

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSAs with the clasp Defence of Ladysmith 10 years 6 months ago #14613

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Paul,
Did you not like the Relief of Ladysmith to the Colonial Scouts that David mentions in the "Wakefield" thread, perhaps you did not see it? £260 I think, was the price being asked, I don't think it can be suggested it was cheap, but, notwithstanding a good medal.
You will have to seek opinions on the badge on the "dark side" I am very confident some wretched "expert" will have something to say! :)
I am glad you had such a good day, perhaps I should head there next time.
Kind regards Frank

coldstream wrote: Hello Frank,
Some nice medals around as David noted in the Wakefield thread, have to stick to my monthly budget though ;)
Got the badge off one of my badge dealer friends, had to have it after I had purchased the KRRC QSA :)

Yes, I have always thought a good regiment, I've always liked the old 60th, they were involved in the Transvaal War too, I think with the large number of QSA's around these days, the price does become all important as well, nothing else caught your eye then?
Regards Frank

QSAs with the clasp Defence of Ladysmith 10 years 6 months ago #14614

• coldstream
Hello Frank,
No I stopped looking after I bought the DoL and spent the rest of my money on Davids table ;) The badge is genuine, I know the dealer very well and he has a good reputation, no need to ask the "experts" :blink:
It would be great if you came down next month, I am sure you would enjoy and it would be good to meet.
I have sent you a PM

Did you not like the Relief of Ladysmith to the Colonial Scouts that David mentions in the "Wakefield" thread, perhaps you did not see it? £260 I think, was the price being asked, I don't think it can be suggested it was cheap, but, notwithstanding a good medal.
You will have to seek opinions on the badge on the "dark side" I am very confident some wretched "expert" will have something to say! :)
I am glad you had such a good day, perhaps I should head there next time.
Kind regards Frank

coldstream wrote: Hello Frank,

Regards Frank

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

QSAs with the clasp Defence of Ladysmith 10 years 6 months ago #14615

• Frank Kelley
LOL Paul,
I can see it is original, you don't feel you would benefit from their knowledge then? :)
Regards Frank

QSAs with the clasp Defence of Ladysmith 10 years 6 months ago #14616

• coldstream
Frank
Have been ridiculed one too many times by the "experts" over there, I prefer to live in ignorance and converse with real experts here ;)

Frank Kelley wrote: LOL Paul,
I can see it is original, you don't feel you would benefit from their knowledge then? :)
Regards Frank

QSAs with the clasp Defence of Ladysmith 10 years 6 months ago #14620

• Frank Kelley
Paul,
LOL, I know what you mean, there was a fellow in South Africa who went on with a badge and I think he honestly thought it was wrong. one assumes, because he had looked at other members copy that was said to be original and he had just made up his mind, anyway, I sent a quick pm and offered him £350 for the said badge, he was rather surprised!
Frank

coldstream wrote: Frank
Have been ridiculed one too many times by the "experts" over there, I prefer to live in ignorance and converse with real experts here ;)

Frank Kelley wrote: LOL Paul,
Regards Frank

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds