• Page:

TOPIC:

Colonel R K Parke and Sergeant RD Parke 7 years 4 months ago #50670

• Kennethhugh
  • Kennethhugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day all. I am trying to establish whether RD (Robert Dereham) was the son of Colonel Roger Kennedy Parke who was in the Imperial Yeomanry (18th Batallion) and whether he (RD) was involved in the Anglo Boer War I am looking for any information ie attestation records as RD stated he was in the Army Service Corps from 1893 -1903. Confirmed records state that RD was involved in the 1906 Natal Native Rebellion as a Sergeant in the Transvaal Mounted Rifles ( Volunteers) during that campaign. Thank you KenC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Colonel R K Parke and Sergeant RD Parke 7 years 4 months ago #50689

• azyeoman
  • Thank you received: 296
This is the thread for PoWs. Do you have info about him being captured? If not then, you might find you'll get a larger response if you enquire on another thread in the forum. There are so many experts who are of great help here, but they need to see out. :-) just a friendly suggestion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennethhugh

Colonel R K Parke and Sergeant RD Parke 7 years 4 months ago #50691

• Kennethhugh
  • Kennethhugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the reply and suggestions. No record or knowledge of an POWs A change of Christian name from perhaps John to Robert is a possibility after the end of the Anglo Boer War based on sons family names that cropped up but this is just a gut feeling.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds