Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Downloading medal rolls from the National Archives - a step by step guide 4 years 6 months ago #65761

• jan808
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi All,
So probably I am doing something stupid and/or missed some helpful info on this forum (apologies in advance!) but I can't seem to find any mention of a medal roll for the Natal Royal Rifles, either on the unit index page on this site or on the National Archives site. Any help or advice appreciated, really enjoying this forum, so much knowledge and good-natured sharing.
J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Downloading medal rolls from the National Archives - a step by step guide 4 years 6 months ago #65763

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Natal Royal Rifles is certainly there in WO100/260 pages 218 to 226, along with the rest of the Natal Volunteers and Militia, who are you actually looking for?

jan808 wrote: Hi All,
So probably I am doing something stupid and/or missed some helpful info on this forum (apologies in advance!) but I can't seem to find any mention of a medal roll for the Natal Royal Rifles, either on the unit index page on this site or on the National Archives site. Any help or advice appreciated, really enjoying this forum, so much knowledge and good-natured sharing.
J

The following user(s) said Thank You: jan808

Downloading medal rolls from the National Archives - a step by step guide 4 years 6 months ago #65766

• jan808
  • Thank you received: 13
Found it - thanks! I was looking for the entitlement of W.H. McDonald. I saw on the Forum name search the same name is listed as being in the Natal Service Corps and also entitled to the Natal 06 medal. I am still (slowly) finding my way around the various databases so will hopefully figure out how to gather more information on recipients. Thanks for your help,
Cheers,
Johnathan

Downloading medal rolls from the National Archives - a step by step guide 4 years 6 months ago #65767

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Number 298 with nothing in the remarks column, but, still a nice medal to have, certainly not "ten a penny" and relatively scarce to see these days.

jan808 wrote: Found it - thanks! I was looking for the entitlement of W.H. McDonald. I saw on the Forum name search the same name is listed as being in the Natal Service Corps and also entitled to the Natal 06 medal. I am still (slowly) finding my way around the various databases so will hopefully figure out how to gather more information on recipients. Thanks for your help,
Cheers,
Johnathan

The following user(s) said Thank You: jan808

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.775 seconds