Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

London Stock Exchange 4 years 8 months ago #65228

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Mike, I am confused, when you say stolen a couple of times, was that stolen and subsequently recovered, before being stolen again, or, stolen from the original thief by yet another thief?:ohmy:

quote="QSAMIKE" post=65213]

Frank Kelley wrote: This sort of thing annoys me, invariably, an original memorial is better, in terms of overall quality and attention to detail, I wish people would leave them alone.

Hi Frank.....

I agree about original but I know of a memorial which was made out of brass and has been stolen a couple of times so they switched to cast aluminum and had it painted brass and it has not been stolen yet after 10 years..... The original brass one is inside the building it represents.....

Mike[/quote]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

London Stock Exchange 4 years 8 months ago #65229

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451
IL

AC White - possibly Alonzo Maynard Charles White? Need to pull his papers
Gordon Wood - the Wood you refer to is George Edward Boileau Wood, still a mystery, possibly Gordon Wood never left England
J Young - agree on that match, need to pull papers

Boultbee is Cpl 24487 22 coy IY. SAFF has his surname as Baultbee - has Palmer copied this?

Woodforde-Finden, Pte 13119 L, 52 coy IY KIA Faber's Put 30-05-1900
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

London Stock Exchange 4 years 8 months ago #65232

• LinneyI
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1537
Frank
No confusion intended. Indeed, in one example (along the network upon which I trek home from the range), there is one WW2 memorial plaque which had indeed been stolen, replaced, stolen, replaced again - and finally replaced by a cast resin version. Happily, still there as of Saturday last.
SWB
My useful I.Y. CD does not show anything for "Baultbee, P.D.": however, it does show "24486 Cpl. Boultbee, Philip Duncan" of 22 Coy., 2 Bn., IY. (note the regimental number differs by one digit).
Palmer and SAFF both show "24487 Baultbee, P., Cpl., Died of Disease, Aliwal North, 19.2.01. 2nd I.Y."
While I willingly spend the time necessary to trawl through my sources to add whatever details I can about those Soldiers, sometimes an Ouija board might be handy. No disrespect intended to those men who fell.
Regards
IL.

London Stock Exchange 4 years 8 months ago #65233

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
As previously said Frank...… Stolen, replaced with brass, stolen again don\t know if it was the same person and then replaced with painted cast aluminum..... Mike

Frank Kelley wrote: Mike, I am confused, when you say stolen a couple of times, was that stolen and subsequently recovered, before being stolen again, or, stolen from the original thief by yet another thief?:ohmy:

quote="QSAMIKE" post=65213]

Frank Kelley wrote: This sort of thing annoys me, invariably, an original memorial is better, in terms of overall quality and attention to detail, I wish people would leave them alone.

Hi Frank.....

I agree about original but I know of a memorial which was made out of brass and has been stolen a couple of times so they switched to cast aluminum and had it painted brass and it has not been stolen yet after 10 years..... The original brass one is inside the building it represents.....

Mike

[/quote]
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

London Stock Exchange 4 years 8 months ago #65234

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451

LinneyI wrote: Frank
SWB
My useful I.Y. CD does not show anything for "Baultbee, P.D.": however, it does show "24486 Cpl. Boultbee, Philip Duncan" of 22 Coy., 2 Bn., IY. (note the regimental number differs by one digit).
Palmer and SAFF both show "24487 Baultbee, P., Cpl., Died of Disease, Aliwal North, 19.2.01. 2nd I.Y."
While I willingly spend the time necessary to trawl through my sources to add whatever details I can about those Soldiers, sometimes an Ouija board might be handy. No disrespect intended to those men who fell.
Regards
IL.

No need for a Ouija board - just ditch SAFF and Palmer as they are full of inaccuracies and errors.
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

London Stock Exchange 4 years 8 months ago #65236

• BereniceUK
  • BereniceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2300

LinneyI wrote: Having an hour or so to spare - and breaking out references - here goes:

WOODFORDE-FINDEN, Paget's Hse (unable to locate on first go, will search further and link shows Killed in action at Faber's Put, 30.5.00)).

IL, try "Finden, Eric Woodford 27612 Trooper"

Double-barrelled names can be confusing. Some records use the hyphen, others don't, so maybe some double-barrelled surnames weren't official, just unofficially adopted by a family or an individual.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds