Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Nation's Gift ,Queen Alexandra's Presentation Nursing Wallet 6 years 10 months ago #53577

• backman
  • backman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
I have this item in my collection but have not been able to find out much about it and wonder if anyone can help please? It is a fairly standard Nurses set or wallet which were commonly used in the late 19th and early 20th century.These contained the instruments used in day to day nursing and would have items such as scissors,pulse timers,Probes,thermometers,etc in a leather wallet worn suspended,chatelaine style from the waist.This one however bears the double AA cypher of Queen Alexandra and is embossed with The Nations Gift,South Africa Christmas 1901,and is in a similarly marked cardboard box of issue.I understand that these may have been donated by the Queen or possibly public subscription to Nurses serving is SA.I have seen one or two pictures of PCANSR nurses wearing such nursing sets but would welcome any more information? Thanks
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Grant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Nation's Gift ,Queen Alexandra's Presentation Nursing Wallet 6 years 10 months ago #53580

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Pictures.....

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.540 seconds