Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Uitenhage Company of the PAG badge 6 years 9 months ago #54585

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2147
I'm not a badge man so please forgive me if I bore everyone with the attached which I had sight of at the Drosdy Museum in Uitenhage this morning. It might well be rare? You be the judge.

Regards

Rory
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Uitenhage Company of the PAG badge 6 years 9 months ago #54588

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
Hi Rory......

Yes I would feel that it is rare as if I saw it I would have first thought Army Ordnance Corp.........

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Uitenhage Company of the PAG badge 6 years 9 months ago #54604

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
That is exactly what it is, in my opinion and certainly not rare, unless, it was actually made in the Cape, for the PAG, however, just from the photograph, I would think it was not, it would be interesting to see it's reverse.

QSAMIKE wrote: Hi Rory......

Yes I would feel that it is rare as if I saw it I would have first thought Army Ordnance Corp.........

Mike

Uitenhage Company of the PAG badge 6 years 9 months ago #54606

• mike rowan
  • Thank you received: 88
I like shoulder titles, but sometimes I'm pushed to decipher the initials if its in old script or if the initials don't readily represent a unit that I know. The next step is speculation ( guessing !) . If that fails me then the title is rated "unknown" and kept for the day that I have a blinding flash of insight. In this case, the title is a common Army Ordnance Corps one. Maybe the hitherto unheard of Alfreds Own Company appropriated the title as cost saving measure. Just speculating !

Uitenhage Company of the PAG badge 6 years 9 months ago #54607

• mike rowan
  • Thank you received: 88
I like shoulder titles, but sometimes I'm pushed to decipher the initials if its in old script or if the initials don't readily represent a unit that I know. The next step is speculation ( guessing !) . If that fails me then the title is rated "unknown" and kept for the day that I have a blinding flash of insight. In this case, the title is a common Army Ordnance Corps one. Maybe the hitherto unheard of Alfreds Own Company appropriated the title as cost saving measure. Just speculating !

Uitenhage Company of the PAG badge 6 years 9 months ago #54608

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2147
Gentlemen - I now face the unenviable task of conveying the heart-breaking news to the Curator and staff (a total of 2 people) of the Drostdy Museum in Uitenhage that their cherished badge (shoulder title) is in fact masquerading as a PAG badge but is in reality, if the consensus of the cognoscenti here are to be believed, a common-or-garden Army Ordnance Corps one.

Thanks for the input.

Regards

Rory

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.433 seconds