Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Edit button, how long before it disappears" 9 years 10 months ago #19878

• Spaniard
  • Spaniard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
The Edit button how long before it disappears?

Hi, I have a medical issue, and not English, with a need to edit numerous times.
How long does one have, before the option disappears from the page?

The Delete button next to the edit, caused some grief, once you click by mistake, all is lost, could add option to confirm the action?

Just asking, cheers.
History is not like playing horseshoes where close enough counts; those that have done the proper leg work have a responsibility to insure a detailed accurate account. Canada at War Blog: wp.me/55eja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Edit button, how long before it disappears" 9 years 10 months ago #19879

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hi,
I think the edit option should always stay with your post.
Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards
Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

The Edit button, how long before it disappears" 9 years 10 months ago #19890

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Spaniard,

Paul is correct in that the edit button is always available to you. You do have to be logged in to see the edit button.

If you by accident press the Delete button the post is held in a queue awaiting permanent deletion which means that we can restore accidentally deleted posts for you.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

The Edit button, how long before it disappears" 9 years 10 months ago #19911

• Spaniard

djb wrote: Spaniard,

Paul is correct in that the edit button is always available to you. You do have to be logged in to see the edit button.

If you by accident press the Delete button the post is held in a queue awaiting permanent deletion which means that we can restore accidentally deleted posts for you.

Best wishes
David

Thank you both for the information, no worries concerning the delete button, I’m contributing from an old study paper on Word, even if deleted, easy to repost. I know within a few days, it disappears.

The majority of all sites provide a time constraint on the edit button, before the option is removed, I want to add a disclaimer to a new thread and remove later.

Thank you, Cheers.
History is not like playing horseshoes where close enough counts; those that have done the proper leg work have a responsibility to insure a detailed accurate account. Canada at War Blog: wp.me/55eja

The Edit button, how long before it disappears" 9 years 10 months ago #19923

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Spaniard,

It is good if you work from text in another document as this means you are less likely to lose text. I empathise because I sometimes activate the back button on my mouse while compiling a post and lose everything :(

With regards to the Edit button, there is no time limit on its availability. It is always available for your posts (once you are logged in).

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

The Edit button, how long before it disappears" 9 years 10 months ago #19975

• Spaniard

djb wrote: Spaniard,

It is good if you work from text in another document as this means you are less likely to lose text. I empathise because I sometimes activate the back button on my mouse while compiling a post and lose everything :(

With regards to the Edit button, there is no time limit on its availability. It is always available for your posts (once you are logged in).

Best wishes
David

Hello, Mr. David, even backup files now, on two deferent sticks, deleted eight months of research, circa 120 pages last year, learning from previous mistakes.

Your edit feature suits me just fine, will help improve my Canadian-British English, grammar, spelling, and punctuations, while making corrections or rewriting a small portion of the thread.

C.U.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds