I guess you could say that Elandslaagte is a fav. of mine also.....
Here is the best one that I have in my collection.....
TATE, F. R.
REG. NO.: 4243
REGT: GORDON HIGHLANDERS
BARS: ELANDSLAAGTE, DEFENCE OF LADYSMITH, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL, LAING'S NEK
REMARKS / HISTORY:
1) KING'S SOUTH AFRICA MEDAL USUAL 2 BARS, 4243 SERGEANT GORDON HIGHLANDERS
2) 1914-1918 WAR MEDAL, CONDUCTOR INDIAN ORDNANCE DEPT.
3) INTERALLIED VICTORY MEDAL, CONDUCTOR INDIAN ORD. DEPT.
4) ARMY L.S.C.G., EDWARD VII, STORE SGT. INDIAN ORD. DEPT.
5) SLIGHTLY WOUNDED AT ROOI KOOPIES, 21/08/00
Military Historical Society
I had forgotton to post this, but do so now, this is Tpr Harber 1st Imperial Light Horse as mentioned, He enlisted at Maritzburg on 25th September 1899 and took his discharge on 12th October 1900.
Best wishes Frank.