Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse.

Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse. 2 months 2 weeks ago #64549

  • Imperial1!!
  • Imperial1!!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anyone help with info on Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse /Bakers light horse.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse. 3 weeks 1 day ago #65683

  • Frank Kelley
  • Frank Kelley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 6362
  • Thank you received: 801
Are you sure of that man's name, he does not appear in WO100/48?

Imperial1!! wrote: Can anyone help with info on Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse /Bakers light horse.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse. 3 weeks 1 day ago #65685

  • Imperial1!!
  • Imperial1!!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 0
It may be W. Turner, but definitely says Baker Horse.
Rgards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse. 3 weeks 1 day ago #65686

  • Frank Kelley
  • Frank Kelley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 6362
  • Thank you received: 801
Trooper William Turner is very clearly shown in WO100/48 and served with the regiment in it's second incarnation in Zululand in 1879, before disbandment in August of that year.


Imperial1!! wrote: It may be W. Turner, but definitely says Baker Horse.
Rgards


Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse. 3 weeks 15 hours ago #65698

  • Imperial1!!
  • Imperial1!!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 26
  • Thank you received: 0
The medal says Tpr W. Tamer Bakers Horse. This s still a mystery to me. The only name close to is W. Turner on the list you provided. So the odds are it is him. But if you can assist with more ways to authenticate the medal It will help us all. There is a faint service number on it. Also i was wondering what the BAKERS HORSE uniforms looked like as i am new to the subject.
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse. 2 weeks 6 days ago #65712

  • Frank Kelley
  • Frank Kelley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 6362
  • Thank you received: 801
Frank Baker's rank and file wore the uniforms that the majority of Wood's irregulars typically wore, the usual corduroy braided patrol jacket, breeches, although, I should imagine there would doubtless be a few that simply wore their own clothing throughout, normally something practical, such as a Norfolk jacket.
I don't think I can assist you with the medal you mention, it would all depend upon the naming and it's originality.


Imperial1!! wrote: The medal says Tpr W. Tamer Bakers Horse. This s still a mystery to me. The only name close to is W. Turner on the list you provided. So the odds are it is him. But if you can assist with more ways to authenticate the medal It will help us all. There is a faint service number on it. Also i was wondering what the BAKERS HORSE uniforms looked like as i am new to the subject.
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.577 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum