TOPIC:

Pretorius, Abraham Johannes Lodewikus. Burger 8 years 6 months ago #43048

• wmeyer
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Henk,

Thank you for the email.

I have contacted Dewald, and he already sent me some paperwork. Very much appreciated.

I just want to say that me and my dad visited your house in Rosendal about 9 or 10 years ago now, and I saw some of your collection, and I have to thank you for showing us, as a young man you really influenced me allot. I still remember exactly what the room looked like that housed your collection and research material.

Since then I have been obsessed with finding anything on our family thats from a farm Vlakspruit, in Senekal, and their involvement (which to my dismay cannot find anything) Nothing on medal rolls or anything. I am in the UK now and only recently found the medal to my wifes great grandfather (My mother in law had the medal in a office desk and completely forgot about it) hence researching it now. They also have a old vierkleur flag that belonged to him. Which adds to the colourful history. Planning to make a nice frame with the flag, medal and research to give to her father as a present.

Thank you again.

Werner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.494 seconds