These are the rules for the Anglo Boer War site and forum.
1. The Anglo Boer War site is a non-commercial website run by volunteers who have an interest in the Boer War and other South African conflicts (1850 - 1906).
2. The site takes privacy very seriously. We hold your email address in order that we can register you on the site. No other personal information is required. You can voluntarily add personal informaton to your profile.
3. If you no longer wish to be registered on the site, we can delete your account on your request. Please use the Privacy Request option on the main menu to do so.
4. After registration, the only email you will normally receive from us is from forun categories or posts to which you subsctibe.
6. The forum has been established to allow members to share information about the Boer War and the people who took part in the conflict. All posts should relate in some way to this core objective.
7. The forum has no commercial aspects. It should not be used for any form of advertising, buying or selling activities.
8. Volunteers who give their time as and when they can to maintain the forum and respond to issues as quickly as they are able.
9. By registering on the site and using the forum in any way, you are implicitly agreeing to abide by these rules.
10. These rules apply to all parts of the forum (ie headers, subject, images, signatures, avatars, private messages etc).
11. Failure to abide by the rules may lead to your account being suspended or a ban being placed on your use of the forum.
12. Members will not involve the forum or its staff in any legal action or dispute.
13. If there is doubt about the suitability of a topic for the forum, advice should be sought from the forum administrators before any post is generated.
14. Members are responsible for what is created in the forum, in whatever form this takes.
15. The Forum and its staff do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message and are not responsible for the contents of messages.
16. Member specifically agrees by the use of the forum to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner, Webmaster, Administrator and Moderators of this forum against any form of action.
17. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules at any time and without prior notice or announcement.
18. Members are responsible for ensuring they are aware of and abide to the current version of the forum rules.
19. Infringement of these rules should be brought to the attention of the moderators
20. Do not use profane language in any post.
21. Do not post any item that are in any way racist, sexist, abusive or obscene.
22. Do not post any item that are inciteful or agressive in tone.
23. Do not make statements that could be construed as defamatory.
24. Do respect the right of others to express their opinion.
25. Avatars should not cause offence, be political, religious, racist etc
26. Moderators have full control of the forum and can edit, move or delete any post.
27. The decision of the moderators is final and not open for debate.
28. Please ensure that Copyright legislation is complied with.
29. Many contemporary Boer War books are now out of copyright but reprints of books after 1920 may still be in copyright. As a rule of thumb, books and catalogues created after 1925 should be regarded as being in copyright. To reproduce information from copyright material requires the permission of the copyright holder.
30. Members will not solicit or promote any commercial activity on the forum in which they have an interest. A link to a non-commercial website is permitted in your signature but must be discrete.
31. Commercial logos are not permitted in the site either in posts or as avatars.
32. Posts from regular members that have a commercial interest may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators.
33. Multiple registrations are not allowed.
34. Inactive registrations may be deleted.