Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 9 years 7 months ago #22630

• howie
  • howie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Lynne..
Just a little update..
I am currently researching the Head Family and am not in any way related to this family.
It all started with my previous research on Titanic which bought me doing this research on the Head Family.
Now Bernard Head has so much interesting things in what he did and where he lived.
He was born 12 January 1876 in Stoke Newington, London and got killed by a sniper in Gallipoli in Turkey aged 39 and he never married he also travelled to New Zealand like many other members of his family did and climbed many mountains.
He travelled there after 1900 so am interested in finding out dates and where he embarked in uk and where he did arrive in NZ and even the vessel of ship he traveled and its name.

Howie.
Have much more material on him and his family too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 9 years 6 months ago #23496

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Hi Lynne

Do you have anything by C Tremeer in your sketch book? He was also on the reform committee and imprisoned.

I will send you a private message.

Cheers
Ryan

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 9 years 6 months ago #23497

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Lynne

Thank you for your posts.

Like Ryan, I have an interest in the Reform Committee, and there may well be other members of this forum who share this interest. You have a fascinating record in your possession and I wonder if you would be prepared to share more of it with us?

If so, posting in future under a new topic heading would focus more attention on it, which would be good for us, and perhaps also bring more responses that would help you in your own research.

Regards
Brett

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 6 years 6 months ago #56032

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Was Lynne ever able to scan her sketch book, I don't think she was on the forum since then?

Volunteer Company Shropshire Light Infantry – Lieutenant Bernard Head 4 years 8 months ago #65622

• Polkey
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Interesting bit of info, I came into possession of a Webley Mk3 purchased by a one Bernard Head in January 1900, I am not one hundred percent sure its the same Bernard Head but i am guessing it very likely is. It has the initials "B HEAD" engraved on the back strap and "FROM CH" engraved on the front strap, not sure who CH is but my guess would be his older brother Christopher Head, who died on the Titanic.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.023 seconds