Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 8 years 1 month ago #45919

• LinneyI
  • LinneyI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1541
Interested members
Just a note to advise that the learned Stephen Bayley and myself will be having an informal meeting of the Chapter in Hobart during early May 2016. No agenda, a bit of show-and-tell, a decent meal (IL favours Storm Bay Merlot) and firm timing will be advised. Anyone wishing to attend should advise.
Regards
IL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 8 years 1 month ago #45921

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Storm Bay, is that from Southern Tasmania, from memory, I think I've had some of their cabernet sauvignon merlot, some time ago, but, what are you having with it, a nice roast perhaps? :woohoo:

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 8 years 1 month ago #45923

• LinneyI
  • LinneyI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1541
Frank
Yes, Storm Bay wines are from Southern Tas and the vintage Stephen and I enjoyed last year was SB Merlot 2008. This year, I trust it to be a 2010 SB cab-sav-Merlot. Last year, IL selected a nice steak with trimmings to go with it. Whilst not an epicurean by any means, IL's special favourite is a Mudgee red with a baked leg of lamb, etc., - as the Lady Friend does so well. However, Hadley's in Hobart does an excellent steak (no commercial association with the concern here; just wish there was!). Really looking forward to a few days down South.
Best regards
IL.

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 8 years 3 weeks ago #46109

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32
Looking forward to the Chapter catch up. Have an interesting QSA story I am unravelling for my show & tell. With share with the forum after some feedback and refining. Stephen

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 8 years 3 weeks ago #46208

• Wombat
  • Thank you received: 15
Sounds good, Please send me the details, as my wife and I would like to attend if possible.

Regards,
James.

Next meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart. 8 years 2 weeks ago #46217

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
Sounds great. Can I be with you in spirit?
Dr David Biggins

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds