Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Triumph Motorcycle 7 years 10 months ago #47147

• Stephen Bayley
  • Thank you received: 32
This BSA model used by a number of armed forces namely the UK & Australia. This model saved BSA in the late 60's by producing the B40 Military Mk2 named the Roughrider model which was also pitched at Australian Farmers. Believe they were around 350cc and probably a good beastie to get from A to B. I have a soft spot for the BSA Gold Star. I trusted your B40 is well watered and gets regular exercise?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Triumph Motorcycle 7 years 10 months ago #47151

• David Grant
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 315
I first saw it propped against a fence at Arakan Barack s in Lusaka and did a deal. Much hard work and research I got it to run. Learnt about amal carburettor s. Lucas lights and Smith instruments. My only regret was the replica tail light that was made in Japan. I learnt to spray paint and build an engine. The result was a machine that made a harley quiver. With a full fuel tank it was imposible to pull it onto its stand. It was one of 6 sent to Northern Rhodesia as a sample for the Northern Rhodesia police. When I left Zambia I did not have the heart to sell it and gave it to a friend of mine. Last saw it 10 years ago. Now I lack the dash to take off my shirt and ride one again.
Looking for Salutries, Salootries and Veterinary Duffadars.
I collect primarily QSAs to Indian Recipients.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds