Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Robert Edwards Lees - 15th Hussars, IY, Cape Colony Police 9 years 7 months ago #22727

• ErichP
  • ErichP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, well, my great, great, great (he was a great man) left a diary from when he was a policeman with the cape colony police in Britstown between 21/12/00 and 24/12/00... There were always a lot of questions about him - he may have changed his name at some point in his early life.

Using this forum (a long time ago) I managed to find some more information on him and his army career. Now I am finding out some information about people he mentions in his diary. And again, I have received massive help.

My plan is to freely publish (Amazon) a dramatised version of his diary, based on family knowledge, and other things I have discovered during the war, around that time period. Military interests me, as does the creative side - although I am only adding some colour to his story...

I have posted his diary on the one topic, but if you're interested, please feel free to have a read and any comments or thoughts, would be appreciated.
www.angloboerwar.com/forum/11-research/1...-magistrate-dec-1900

Thank you and this is an excellent forum :)
Ep
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds