Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

James McInerney 4 years 6 months ago #66367

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
His papers are extant in WO363, generally speaking it all depended upon when and why they were last examined by the War Office and where they were subsequently filed, unfortunately these particularly ones have been subject to the attention of the Reichsmarschall and his wretched Luftwaffe, so they were certainly at the Army Records Office on the day in question when the truly awful vultures arrived.

djb wrote: Terry,

As he died during the War, there will be no service records for him. This is unfortunate as they would have included his biographical information that could have helped to answer your questions.

IL's information that he served in the 9th Company of the REs is helpful. The Regimental Museum might hold records of what this Company did in South Africa but I appreciate this is not the focus of your research.

His QSA is listed on WO100/156p27 for the clasps Paardeberg, Driefontein and Cape Colony.

I am not sure what other personal information will be available on James.

Kind regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

James McInerney 4 years 6 months ago #66405

Would the QSA medal have been sent to his next of kin, i e. his mother Bridget. If it was sent to the family I do not expect to locate it.

James McInerney 4 years 6 months ago #66406

Attachments:

James McInerney 4 years 6 months ago #66465

• Frank Kelley
Absolutely nothing, whatsoever, to suggest it was withheld and not sent out, why do you think that it would not remain extant within your family?

[email protected] wrote: Would the QSA medal have been sent to his next of kin, i e. his mother Bridget. If it was sent to the family I do not expect to locate it.

James McInerney 4 years 6 months ago #66536

The family were not good at retaining such items of interest. Thank you for your reply.

James McInerney 4 years 6 months ago #66550

• Frank Kelley
Okay, well that is a pity, I wonder if it remains extant.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds