Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 10 years 3 months ago #17503

• Doug
  • Thank you received: 17
Oh no, please don't do that thread, it hurts:(

Doug.
Doug Jenkins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 10 years 3 months ago #17510

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
David

I wonder if anyone has had the experience of acquiring medals by exchange and being very happy with the acquisition, but at the same time realising that what went had a far higher commercial value and that it was not a sensible transaction? A case in point is the group shown below, which I was very pleased to get and it is still amongst my favourites. I do not regret the transaction, but I blush when I remember what went to the canny former owner of Cook's medals.

Brett

PS I will not reveal what I did give up, because I do not want to be exposed as a complete idiot.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 10 years 3 months ago #17512

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4543
Brett,

I am sure many of us have been in that situation. It is probably best not to reflect to much on the past, as Doug suggests.

The group to Cook is excellent. The combination of BSA CM and QSA is a great one in my opinion.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 10 years 3 months ago #17537

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=DavidBig-ABW-PRD-5bff6a2ad-934180e3&siteid=3&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=350971824095&version=889&trackingid=djb023&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 10 years 3 months ago #17593

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: fopen(http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=GetSingleItem&appid=DavidBig-ABW-PRD-5bff6a2ad-934180e3&siteid=3&responseencoding=JSON&ItemID=350971824095&version=889&trackingid=djb023&trackingpartnercode=9): failed to open stream: Connection refused. Please enable debug mode for more information.

QSAs with clasp Elandslaagte 10 years 3 months ago #17619

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Frank
Re your kind thoughts as expressed in 17593/3: No I did not bid on that one and yes it was quite cheap. I wonder why? In any case I do already have several QSAs with ELANDSLAAGTE bar. Noting your earlier interest in the Manchesters, I would submit the attached pic of QSA to "2868 Pte. H.D. Houston Manchester Regt" who is shown in the casualty lists as being wounded at Dundee 20101899 but is listed in the Regimental History and the Biggins roll as wounded at Elandslaagte. Pte Houston is also entitled to a KSA - it might turn up one day. I had him searched at TNA about ten years ago and no other details available apart from his progressing to the 4th Provisional Bn. I would imagine that clasp RofL would be reasonably uncommon to the Manchesters.
Regards
IL.
Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.122 seconds