Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #42938

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Ian,
Are you saying that you have actually bought it?
Regards Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #42941

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Frank
My bid was in excess of that shown on the Prices Realised (E&OE of course) so there is a reasonable chance of that. No advice so far - so one lives in hope. As I said in an earlier post, it will fit in well.
IL.

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #42958

• Frank Kelley
Hello Ian,
Well, I think in that case I'd be temped to give them a quick phone call to find out, medals to members of that fusilier company are certainly well worth having, at the risk of quoting that wretched hun, some fourteen years after the Anglo Boer War, they very exceptional soldiers, of course he was merely referring to the whole British Army, the same can be said, with some truth of those few fusiliers.

It was a remarkable achievement and actually completed by a number of forced marches all the way to Mafeking, although, Bryan Mahon had provided a cart for tired fusiliers, because the 1st RWF were a local regiment, as already mentioned, I have a special interest in them.
I do know that young Henry Kyrke had lead his lads some thirty four miles on the first day before getting their heads down for a couple of hours, and then going on picket duty the very same night, that was to be repeated, Kyrke's lads re joined their battalion on the 7th of June 1900, I suspect to the envy of the rest of regiment, if I could only have one Relief of Mafeking, it would certainly have to be a recipient who served in this company, they really were bloody superb!
Kind regards Frank

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #42991

• Frank Kelley
Your bid was actually in "excess" of the winning bid price! :woohoo:
Have you won the lottery?

LinneyI wrote: Frank
My bid was in excess of that shown on the Prices Realised (E&OE of course) so there is a reasonable chance of that. No advice so far - so one lives in hope. As I said in an earlier post, it will fit in well.
IL.

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #42994

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1537
Frank
LOL as the tekkies appear to say :cheer: No lotteries win; just a humble collector attempting to catch up. If ever the CC advice about the "double relief" pair comes, they will fit in well.
Just another SB.
IL.

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #42995

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
IL
If I were you, I would contact City Coins in case they put you on the back burner and forgot about you. It is unhealthy to keep on simmering too long.
Regards
Brett

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds