Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 5 months ago #5997

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Hello James,
The easiest was to send a private message is to hover your mouse over the small baloon icon just underneath were it says karma, on the same page as your message on the left.
You will see Franks avatar (red background and badge) just go to the bottom and click on the baloon icon.

Paul :)

gordonlennox wrote: Hi Frank
I tried to use the PM function but could not find the drop down list of members so I typed your name in and hoped that it would get to you but obviously not. Obviously I am lower on the ladder than the monkeys!!

What I want is a full photo of the Nominal Roll with his name on the list which I cannot see and thus commented the record was not complete and the Medal Roll which is what you sent. It is only a partial image and I wanted the full page but I cannot get to the page with his medal Roll because the image is only an "extract". If you can get me a full square picture I will naturally be very grateful.
Regards\James

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."
The following user(s) said Thank You: gordonlennox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 5 months ago #6004

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Good morning James,
I sent you a pm yesterday, if you wish to get in touch, just type in the messege box under the pm and then click send.
Regards Frank

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 4 months ago #6478

Hi James,

The man on the right is positively Scotty Smith, aka George Gordon-Lennox. I have the same photo from the Upington museum, but the info on the back of the photo suggests that the other three are police and Scotty in custody or being held for something. Your interpretation appears more likely.
We have a later record of Lennox in the Military around 1914/1915 but I will have to look for it!

Good work, Lucky find and excellent thinking!

The only remaining mystery is his birth details - From the names he belongs to the Banf - Fochabers - Goodwood Gordon-Lennox clan but I have not been able to place him.

Can I please have copies of all the documents to my e-mail

Sincerely,
Henry Abbott

Re: GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 11 years 4 months ago #6480

Hi James?,

Please let the Upington Historical Society get a copy or pdf of this restored diary.

Where can I contact you? Are you in the UK or South Africa?

GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 9 years 6 months ago #22631

• GSTLGL
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
With all the initials G St L G Lennox in my name and my Great Granddads names There must have been some errors here and there. :)

But PLEASE can someone tell me who is the noble family that we are from ?

GEORGE LENNOX, KITCHENER'S HORSE and FIELD INTELLIGENCE 9 years 6 months ago #22645

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I think the obvious thing to do is talk to James, if you have reason to believe you are from a noble family, the best thing to do would be to contact The College of Arms in London.

GSTLGL wrote: With all the initials G St L G Lennox in my name and my Great Granddads names There must have been some errors here and there. :)

But PLEASE can someone tell me who is the noble family that we are from ?

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.898 seconds