• Page:

TOPIC:

OMRS Convention 2024 3 days 18 hours ago #96999

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4725
The Convention took place in Milton Keynes yesterday and seemed to be well attended. The venue offered a number of rooms: a long rectangular room that mostly contained the dealers, publishers, auctioneers and a few of the displays by members. Most of the exhibitors were in a smaller (and warmer) room next door, arrayed on 6 foot long tables arranged in laager fashion. There was another for the OMRS and ribbon bank (sadly no ABO or DTD ribbons available), a room used for the talks during the day and a separate refreshment room that offered tea, coffee and water throughout the day.

This year I had an exhibitor's table to celebrate 20 years of the angloboerwar.com site. I listed some of the site's statistics (forum posts, views etc) and highlighted some of the research elements of the site such as the comprehensive list of Boer War tribute medals, current focus on the Defence of Mafeking and future research opportunities.

I printed out the work-in-progress poster containing Town Guard units which prompted lots of conversations with people about TG QSAs and also the value placed on medals to the DMT units.

The highlight of the day for me was the opportunity to re-acquaint with members of the OMRS but also to meet people in person whom I have only known previously by their names on forum posts.

Overall, a very enjoyable day.
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: azyeoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds