• Page:

TOPIC:

That annual September dilemma 11 years 7 months ago #5223

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
I don't know if anyone else experiences the same dilemma as I do about this time of each year. It relates to the decision to be made on whether to bid for items at DNW's September sale or to keep something in reserve for the bourse at the OMRS two days later? There are some nice Boer War items in the DNW sales but what if .... agh!
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: That annual September dilemma 11 years 7 months ago #5225

• Mark Wilkie
  • Thank you received: 45
Lol, David. I seem to make a habit of wiping myself out on something on eBay or other such places just before the big sales.

Re: That annual September dilemma 11 years 7 months ago #5229

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
One way of avoiding this dilemma is to stop collecting medals and boycott all medal lists on the Internet. This can be easily done by losing interest in life and/or becoming bankrupt.

Brett

Re: That annual September dilemma 11 years 7 months ago #5231

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello David,
Yes, I know exactly how you feel, I find myself in the same situation as you, to give priority is the only answer here, you must decide what you really need to have for your collection, as DNW is an auction, that desision may be made for you by another bidder :angry: or you could consider the unthinkable and as Brett suggests, stop collecting!
I'm sure common sense will prevail!
Regards Frank

djb wrote: I don't know if anyone else experiences the same dilemma as I do about this time of each year. It relates to the decision to be made on whether to bid for items at DNW's September sale or to keep something in reserve for the bourse at the OMRS two days later? There are some nice Boer War items in the DNW sales but what if .... agh!

Re: That annual September dilemma 11 years 7 months ago #5232

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
Brett - that would be hard advice to follow but I agree it would resolve the problem!

Frank - part of the problem is with known vs the unknown but, that said, there is little that can be known at a DNW auction with some of the prices that are paid.

Regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: That annual September dilemma 11 years 7 months ago #5235

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello David,
If there is something in the auction that you need to have, I would just try and get it if I were you, If you are unlucky, then there is aways the bourse to look forward to, I still think about day two of the Spink centenary sale even though it was almost thirteen years ago now!
I bought very little, just like many people that day, as I'd spent up the day before, not good, there were very many rare medals to be had that day, a number of which sold at only their reserve.
Regards Frank

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.790 seconds