Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Sergeant J.T. Bibby D.C.M., Colt Gun Section, 57th Coy, I.Y. 3 years 8 months ago #70787

• BereniceUK
  • BereniceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2300

BerkshireT wrote: Hello Berenice,
Is there any chance of getting the photo's without the "photo bucket" over print in the centre please? I have a keen interest in Sergeant J.T. Bibby D.C.M.as he served in 15th Battalion. I've had an interest in Bibby and the machine gun section for a while now but only just found your blog - most interesting thanks

I don't know why the photos were showing up like that for you, but I've changed them to file inserts, so they should be okay now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BerkshireT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sergeant J.T. Bibby D.C.M., Colt Gun Section, 57th Coy, I.Y. 3 years 8 months ago #70901

• BerkshireT
  • Thank you received: 9
Thank you Berenice,
Like I said I have had an interest in Sgt Bibby for a while as I am custodian of his QSA but not his DCM. I saw the QSA and his diary for sale first on a dealer website and thought it a little expensive and at the time I was just starting collecting and it did not quite fit my collection so I let it go. Then just a year later the QSA turned up and I acquired it. I did try to contact the new owner of DCM through the dealer but no reply. Its my only claim to a DCM in my collection and now is mounted next to a DCM ribbon.

I sure would like another chance at obtaining Sgt Bibby DCM :unsure: and the candelabrum would be it I were asked to give up the QSA for a reunite... as I understand that they belong together. I am hoping to bring the pair together in Berkshire ;)
Wayne
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BereniceUK

Sergeant J.T. Bibby D.C.M., Colt Gun Section, 57th Coy, I.Y. 1 year 6 months ago #85946

• Asd99
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Just to keep this thread alive. I have in my procession Sjt Bibby DCM and Diary. Have contacted Wayne (BerkshireT) regarding either of us reuniting Sgt Bibby Medals, but unfortunately, the deal did not go through,

Just for the record. In case in the near future some sort of deal can be worked out when I return to the UK
Attachments:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds