Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Great Grandfather fought in the Boer War with the 6th Dragoon Guards 9 years 7 months ago #21854

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Hi Justine

SWB is actually a researcher so worth asking him. But is there anything more available to a researcher other than what has come to light in this thread?

Good luck
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great Grandfather fought in the Boer War with the 6th Dragoon Guards 9 years 7 months ago #21859

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 448
Hello Justine

No need for researcher yet - look at the papers on FindmyPast.

Regards
Meurig

justbeers wrote: Thank you. Yes he definitely served in the Boer War as I have pictures from when he was there.

I have looked at the medal rolls and the only ones I can find are the W Clark you mention but if he was from Birmingham that won't be my great grandfather, but there is another one that was a Farrier Quartermaster, which I believe could be my great grandfather. Is there anyway to show if he was from Bedfordshire?

I might look into using a researcher, do you know if it is expensive?

cheers
Justine :)

Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Great Grandfather fought in the Boer War with the 6th Dragoon Guards 6 years 11 months ago #53147

• dougalcross
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a Farrier Serjeant William Clark but born in Lincolnshire. Any Use. D

Great Grandfather fought in the Boer War 6 years 11 months ago #53242

• kimbo1962
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there
I am looking for my great great grandfather John Henry Hayes who was with the british military. Initially based at the castle of good hope. He was born apparently in kilkenny in ireland in 1875_1876. He married a south african Martha Annie johnson. They had 10 children. The eldest daughters baptismal certificate from st.marys cathedral in 1910 states her aaddress as the castle. Beatrice was born 02 october 1902. The next reference i can find is john henry hayes was living at 42 married quarters...the camp wynberg in 1921....i am trying to establish what unit he would have been with and find his military record which spans over 20 years. Can anybody shed some light please. Thanks.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds