Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Actions involving 39 coy Royal Artillery in Boer War (Family Reaearch) 9 years 5 months ago #23773

• Dave B
  • Dave B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for getting back to me QSAMIKE. I will check out the unit information forum.

Much appreciated, Dave & Sheila

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Actions involving 39 coy Royal Artillery in Boer War (Family Reaearch) 9 years 5 months ago #23782

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 453
Hello Dave & Sheila

The info on 39 battery RFA doesn't relate to the RGA.

On the medal roll (WO100/146p22) for Ernest it shows he was a groom and servant for a "Major Buckle RA" - the best match I can make is Captain CR Buckle RGA who served on the Staff of the 1st Division - commanded by Lord Methuen.

Major/Cpt Buckle earned a QSA & KSA - I would suggest that Ernest's war can be deduced from the movements of the 1st Division.

Regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave B

Actions involving 39 coy Royal Artillery in Boer War (Family Reaearch) 9 years 5 months ago #23784

• Dave B
  • Dave B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Many thanks for your information Meurig. We will explore the areas you have mentioned and hopefully have more idea about Ernest's involvement during the South Africa campaign. We haven't seen the entry for Ernest on the medal roll, although we do have his medals. The rims of both QSA & KSA medals are engraved with '21692 Gnr E Richardson RGA' as is the back of the 1914-15 Star. The British War Medal & Allied Victory medals are engraved '21692 Sjt E Richardson RA'.
Is it possible that Ernest served with both the RFA and RGA in S. Africa?

We'll check out what we can find on the first division and Capt / Major Buckle and hopefully discover more pieces to the 'jigsaw'!!

Many thanks again for your help,
Beat Wishes, Dave & Sheila

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds