Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New Member Intro - and questions on records & interpretation 9 years 3 months ago #24888

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Giles,
No, the papers would have to be found, copied and then sent up to you.
Regards Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilesforrest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member Intro - and questions on records & interpretation 9 years 3 months ago #24889

• gilesforrest
  • gilesforrest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi IL,

Would it be possible to post the picture of Charles? Most grateful even if it is only marginally better!

Giles

New Member Intro - and questions on records & interpretation 9 years 3 months ago #24927

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Giles
Sorry that this reply took a bit longer than I would have liked. Using my easily matched on-line skills and my brilliant little SONY digicam herewith are my efforts B)

Probably not much better than you already have?

Do you have Charles Evelyn Forrest's medal group? It would be great to see it if you do.
Regards
IL.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilesforrest

New Member Intro - and questions on records & interpretation 9 years 3 months ago #24942

• gilesforrest
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks IL,

I may be able to make those photos look slightly better than the one I have!

Unfortunately I don't have Charles' medals - I believe they may have been passed down through another family when widow remarried.

Or they could have been sold - which appears to have happened to Guy's medals (or at least his BWM, VM and GSM) which I recently won back on eBay having been out of circulation in a private collection since the 1980s! A chance Googling of his name led me to the auction which had 3 days left to go. I have 1914-15 Star and QSA replicas to fill the gap until they turn up like the others (here's hoping!)

Thanks again for the pictures.

Regards,

Giles

New Member Intro - and questions on records & interpretation 9 years 3 months ago #24943

• mactire
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi
My name is John Duggan. The reason for joining this forum is to find out more information about my 3 great grand uncles who took part in the Boer War. Charles Duggan 6122 RMF. Daniel Duggan 3148 RMF. and James Duggan 3468 RMF.
Charlie Duggan played football with the 1903 kerry team they won the all Ireland that year.
Any help would be great. Thanks John

New Member Intro - and questions on records & interpretation 9 years 3 months ago #24944

• gilesforrest
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi John - You appear to have posted on the end of my thread - it's better for you to start a new one.

Regards,

Giles

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.942 seconds