Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Army numbers 9 years 1 month ago #25934

• Monicaward
  • Monicaward's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I am intrigued at your reply. wJ Cooper's g/daughter told me the information and specifically mentioned 4th Bedfordshire regiment , No, 4015. I will ask for medal details but you seem very sure that this is not the man I am looking for ??? How do you know this???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Army numbers 9 years 1 month ago #25935

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Well clearly, any mortal human can only be born once, you really cannot be born in Reading and then subsequently be born again in Poplar, notwithstanding the minor detail of his name! :ohmy:

Army numbers 9 years 1 month ago #25936

• Monicaward
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
There is the possibility he may have just lied about some details but your diplomacy and tact in this supposedly helpful reply is not necessary. Thank you for you interest. Oh my.

Army numbers 9 years 1 month ago #25937

• Frank Kelley
I'm sorry, from your previous posts, I just assumed that you must have read the papers in WO96!
He could have lied about a specific detail, but, he would not have, in effect, given himself a whole new identity and life, just to join the Militia, the best thing for you to do now is to look at the details on the medals that you have mentioned.

Army numbers 9 years 1 month ago #25938

• Monicaward
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I have not seen in depth details. What is WO96? I will try and find more info from the family. And once they look at the medals perhaps all will be clear. I am new to all this and therefore clutching at straws in some things. Thank you again and apology accepted,

Army numbers 9 years 1 month ago #25939

• Frank Kelley
Okay, 4015 William Cooper 4th Bedfordshire Regiment, his Militia papers are available on line or at the NA in WO96, if you are saying that the man in question is William John Cooper and you are quite sure about him being born in Poplar, then the chances are you will find these are two different men, have a look at the detailed papers for 4015 and then compare the detail with what you know to be absolute fact.
If you look at the medals, you will save yourself a great deal of time and effort, then come back on here and let us know, if there remain questions to be answered, I am confident one of us will have an answer for you.
As time permits, I will look at men with this particular name, it may be that there is an obvious match, or it may not, a great number of papers were destroyed and sometimes you never get the clear details you are looking for in many cases.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds