Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Was it Churchill who reported my grandfather KIA, when he wasn't ? 8 years 11 months ago #41496

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I am simply saying that WLSC, did not, to the best of my knowledge prepare casualty returns for the War Office, you have the very clear issue here that Goodwin was reported, at the time, as wounded, in those same returns, not as killed or subsequently died.
WLSC's dispatches in the Morning Post are a different matter altogether and it would be prudent to read them if you wish to be quite sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SmallTownGirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was it Churchill who reported my grandfather KIA, when he wasn't ? 8 years 11 months ago #41497

• SmallTownGirl
  • SmallTownGirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
"... dispatches in the Morning Post ..."

Is there a link specifically to them, or do I need to search BNA, please?

Was it Churchill who reported my grandfather KIA, when he wasn't ? 8 years 11 months ago #41498

• Frank Kelley
You could certainly read copies of the Morning Post via the British Newspaper Library, but, in the particular case of WLSC's reports, they have been published since in the form of a book, I do remember seeing a copy recently on the high street just before Christmas, I can't remember the publisher though.

Was it Churchill who reported my grandfather KIA, when he wasn't ? 8 years 11 months ago #41499

• SmallTownGirl
  • SmallTownGirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2

Was it Churchill who reported my grandfather KIA, when he wasn't ? 8 years 11 months ago #41501

• Frank Kelley
That appears to be a reprint of London to Ladysmith via Pretoria, I will talk to a friend tomorrow about this matter and see what he thinks, he has collected a huge Churchill library over the years, but, I certainly would not want you waste time going down a route that is unlikely to yield any fruit whatsoever.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds