Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: i am trying to find information about my great grandfather william barrell

i am trying to find information about my great grandfather william barrell 5 months 2 weeks ago #63022

• annieb
  • annieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
hello. im am looking for any information about my great grandfather wiliam barrell from dorstone herefordshire who took part in both boer wars and also ww1.his no was 88332 royal field artillery. he was also involved n ww2 in some way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

i am trying to find information about my great grandfather william barrell 5 months 2 weeks ago #63032

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 799
You are very fortunate indeed, there is a great set of papers extant for this man in WO363, which include casualty and regimental sheets which give much detailed information and certainly do make interesting reading, so many were lost forever, as a direct result of the unwelcome attention of the Luftwaffe almost eight decades ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: annieb

i am trying to find information about my great grandfather william barrell 5 months 2 weeks ago #63054

• annieb
  • annieb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
many thanks for that reply. we have no information at all about williams military career before 1900 so we would really like to see those records.his medals have been missing from the family for many years.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds