Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CAPTAIN WALTER KEYWORTH: AN INDIAN OFFICER WITH THE 17TH MOUNTED INFANTRY 13 hours 26 minutes ago #97086

• Moranthorse1
  • Moranthorse1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 833
There must be a photographic image of Walter out there somewhere!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CAPTAIN WALTER KEYWORTH: AN INDIAN OFFICER WITH THE 17TH MOUNTED INFANTRY 10 hours 29 minutes ago #97094

• Smethwick
  • Thank you received: 936
Steve - I agree surely somewhere on-line there is a photo of him - but I cannot find it - but I did find this on FMP:

During WW1 he was a Lieutenant-Colonel in the South Lancashire Regiment but cannot find out which battalion he was in charge of.

My original newspaper search was for "Captain W Keyworth" when I introduce "Walter" get a whole lot more hits mainly because they include his father.

Btw does the fact the medal belonged to the brother-in-law of Stalky increase its value? - its OK I am not after a commission :)

I am surprised the medal was on the market - a financially loaded* military family and he had at least two daughters.

* 1911 Census shows Ma-in-Law lived in a 16 room mansion and had a cook, maid, parlour maid, house maid & kitchen maid to look after her creature comforts and a governess to teach her 7 year old grand-daughter.

Regards, David (email with many attachments to follow some time later this evening).
Attachments:

CAPTAIN WALTER KEYWORTH: AN INDIAN OFFICER WITH THE 17TH MOUNTED INFANTRY 10 hours 14 minutes ago #97096

• Moranthorse1
  • Moranthorse1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 833
The medal turned up in one of the smaller salerooms along with a QSA/KSA pair to a Private in the Coldstream Guards.. The medals were contained in an old jewellery box, as they often are, from a jewellers at Southend-on-Sea which I think is somewhere on the south east coast of England.
I don't know about commission! But I'll get you a pint in when next down in the Southwest of Wales!lol!

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds