Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Medallion - Silver Delagoa Bay Railway (NAMED) Beelaerts Van Blokland 11 years 7 months ago #5575

• kuterf
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Good evening
I have a similar watch and would love to know more about it. It is still in an excellent working condition.

Do you perhaps have any more information regarding the watches ?

Kind regards

Ansa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Medallion - Silver Delagoa Bay Railway (NAMED) Beelaerts Van Blokland 11 years 7 months ago #5585

• Anthony Govender
  • Anthony Govender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello

I have seen about four other watches like this. From what I know, as stated in my post, these were given to dignitaries in 1895 during the opening festivities of the Delagoa Bay Railway Line.

Can you post a picture of your one

Regards
Anthony Govender

Re: Medallion - Silver Delagoa Bay Railway (NAMED) Beelaerts Van Blokland 11 years 2 months ago #8004

• CTCC Tygervalley
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
hi All

i also got hold of one of these pocket watches. it is in a immaculate condition with a silver fob chain that have 5 ZAR silver coins attached to it.

Do anyone know where i can find more info on this and maybe the number of issues, as i have only seen 2 of these but not in such a good condition as mine.

see pictures attached.

Medallion - Silver Delagoa Bay Railway (NAMED) Beelaerts Van Blokland 10 years 11 months ago #11509

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
Hello Everyone.....

Just purchased on our fav. auction site.....

Just have to wait for the Jiffy Bag Dance.....

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:

Re: Medallion - Silver Delagoa Bay Railway (NAMED) Beelaerts Van Blokland 10 years 8 months ago #13618

• abeeha
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
A sad end to this medallion. After purchasing this from a JHB dealer, it was despatched using Speed Services door to door. Item was shipped on Wednesday and I received parcel on Thursday. The A4 size white padded envelope was tampered with and so was the inner brown envelope. The medallion was stolen and all I received was an empty envelope that was stapeled together.
ABEEHA

Re: Medallion - Silver Delagoa Bay Railway (NAMED) Beelaerts Van Blokland 6 years 5 months ago #56375

• Neville_C
  • Thank you received: 1991
Hello Anthony Govender and CTCC Tygervalley,
Any chance of letting me know the serial numbers for your watches? They are likely to be four digit numbers, beginning 28--, and appear on the inner case. I have two, with serial numbers 2829 and 2836. I am hoping to get some idea of the number of pieces produced from the range of serial numbers on extant watches.
Neville

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.537 seconds