Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 10 years 10 months ago #12091

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
I think that there is only one version as about that time there was the rise of organizations that did not want to have anything to do with England, The English and Royalty in any format and I have seen other badges that have originated in Quebec that have had the crown removed.....

Mike

TheBreaker02 wrote: Thanks Mike,

I haven't seen this one with a crown, very interesting. They must have had at least 2 types of the badge.

Best regards,

TheBreaker02

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 9 years 4 months ago #24315

• Badger
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Here is a plaque for the South Australian South African Soldiers Association commemorating Peace Day

Attachments:

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 7 years 5 months ago #49775

• DBgardner
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I was made aware of my grandfather's participation in the Boer War as a member of the Cold Stream Guard. His service number was 9167 RAMC. Who would I contact to learn more of his envolvment. Is there a biography on his unit of assignment? Was he awarded any medals or citations? Did his unit have a flag or pendant? I would appreciate any information on my family history. I am David Gardner bdgardner71 gmail.com. Is there an actual address I may contact?

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 7 years 5 months ago #49776

• DBgardner
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I was made aware of my grandfather's participation in the Boer War as a member of the Cold Stream Guard. His service number was 9167 RAMC. Who would I contact to learn more of his envolvment. Is there a biography on his unit of assignment? Was he awarded any medals or citations? Did his unit have a flag or pendant? I would appreciate any information on my family history. I am David Gardner bdgardner71 gmail.com. Is there an actual address I may contact?

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 7 years 5 months ago #49778

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
Hello David......

Can you please advise your Grandfathers full name as it would have been in the Coldstream Guards..... The number that you gave 9167, is that a number from World War One, the RAMC is Royal Army Medical Corps......

Using the number that you have given I can find a:

9167 Private W. Ford, Coldstrean Guards, DOD, 06/11/00

and

9167 Private W. Banks, Royal Army Medical Corps

Mike

DBgardner wrote: I was made aware of my grandfather's participation in the Boer War as a member of the Cold Stream Guard. His service number was 9167 RAMC. Who would I contact to learn more of his envolvment. Is there a biography on his unit of assignment? Was he awarded any medals or citations? Did his unit have a flag or pendant? I would appreciate any information on my family history. I am David Gardner bdgardner71 gmail.com. Is there an actual address I may contact?

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Anglo-Boer War Veterans Association Enamel Lapel Badges. 2 years 2 days ago #82825

• Trev
  • Thank you received: 204
Hi,

Here is an example of a Boer War, South African War Veterans Association, Ladies Badge which was previously up for auction on a popular online auction site. The badge is numbered 1950, then again this could also be the year of issue. This example of a veteran badge for the ladies auxiliary sold for £65 in the past few days.

The design of this badge had me thinking, with the castle and turrets motif, could this badge be more relatable to one of the Regiments which also carry this in their pattern of badge.

Trev
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jim51, Moranthorse1

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.609 seconds