Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Town Guard QSAs and DMT QSAs

Town Guard QSAs and DMT QSAs 1 week 18 hours ago #63747

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 762
I don't bother with ebay and I have to say with a mark up like that, I still think the London salerooms are worth looking at, if you intend to buy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Town Guard QSAs and DMT QSAs 4 days 5 hours ago #63800

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1393
The same seller is now advertising the Port Elizabeth TG pair to Sergeant H. Fairlamb, Port Elizabeth Town Guard, late Prince Alfred’s Volunteer Guard

CGHGSM (1) Bechuanaland (Pte. H. Fairlamb. P.A.V.G.);
QSA (0) (261 Serjt. H. Fairlamb. P. Elzbth. T.G.)

Approximately 138 Cape of Good Hope General Service Medals with clasp Bechuanaland awarded to Prince Alfred’s Volunteer Guard.

Total cost from DNW £353. You can buyitnow for £600. I think it will join the other eBay groups that do not move. This does validate what Frank was saying.

Dr David Biggins

Dr David Biggins

Town Guard QSAs and DMT QSAs 3 days 18 hours ago #63804

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 762
Hello David,
A few years ago, I would have always taken into account the actual costs incurred just in order to bid in the London salerooms, travel, perhaps a hotel room and so forth, however, these days, being able to bid from the desk, without actually leaving home simply means that buying from someone who may well have merely done exactly that, really would be rather a waste of money.

Whilst buying at retail is fine, in principal, there is certainly a profound difference between a profit and sheer greed when actually doing so.
Regards Frank

djb wrote: The same seller is now advertising the Port Elizabeth TG pair to Sergeant H. Fairlamb, Port Elizabeth Town Guard, late Prince Alfred’s Volunteer Guard

CGHGSM (1) Bechuanaland (Pte. H. Fairlamb. P.A.V.G.);
QSA (0) (261 Serjt. H. Fairlamb. P. Elzbth. T.G.)

Approximately 138 Cape of Good Hope General Service Medals with clasp Bechuanaland awarded to Prince Alfred’s Volunteer Guard.

Total cost from DNW £353. You can buyitnow for £600. I think it will join the other eBay groups that do not move. This does validate what Frank was saying.

Moderators: djb