Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dr Robert England Kerr, Civil Surgeon, Ladysmith 3 years 8 months ago #70810

• lenglandkerr
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
A very interesting read about my ancestor thank you! Dr Robert England Kerr was the Brother of my Great Grandfather George England-Kerr born in 1866. It would be interesting to hear where you came across this information as I'd love to research more into my family history, that which isn't so readily available on the internet. Our family tree is very long but this seems like a not so distant connection, as Robert England Kerr was my dad's Great Uncle.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dr Robert England Kerr, Civil Surgeon, Ladysmith 3 years 8 months ago #70811

• Rory
  • Rory's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2142
I will send you a Private Message with my e-mail address. We can correspond that way.

Dr Robert England Kerr, Civil Surgeon, Ladysmith 3 years 8 months ago #70924

• Rory
As any medal collector will know - the Holy Grail is to discover a photograph or two of the recipient of whose medals we are but temporary custodians.

Thanks to Laura, a relative of Doctor England-Kerr, who made contact with me, I am able to add a couple of photos of him to my post. This I will do anon, but for now, here they are with potential of more to come.

Attachments:

Dr Robert England Kerr, Civil Surgeon, Ladysmith 1 year 1 month ago #88843

• Rory
Whilst browsing through Men of the Times, Pioneers of the Transvaal and Glimpses of South Africa (1905) - as one does from time to time...., I happened upon a cameo of one of my recipients, Dr Robert England Kerr. I have been abundantly blessed with this chap - first with the medal and then with photos from a relative of his. The article below adds to my enjoyment of the medal and enriches my knowledge of the man.

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.113 seconds