Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Noble Numismatics auctions 3 years 5 months ago #73252

• jim51
  • Thank you received: 104
Noble’s auction today, there was some spirited bidding on a few of the items. I had my eye on a few and was happy enough to be left well behind on a couple of the medals. I generally don’t count my medals until I have paid for them but it looks as though I managed 6 QSA’s out of 12. Hopefully the invoice won’t be too far away as I am going on holidays later in December and don’t like items such as medals hanging around in the Post Office any longer than necessary.
Keep well,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Noble Numismatics auctions 3 years 5 months ago #73255

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4527
Jim,

There were some very nice South African medals in the sale. 6 QSAs is great success.

I noticed a strong increase in prices when the QSAs to Australian units came under the hammer too.

I was listening to the auction and was a little confused by the way a few lots went through. Most lots progressed in the usual way but then, every so often, there would be a big jump in the price when someone shouted out a much higher bid. Perhaps these were people on the telephone (?) but, if so, the jump in bid would not have been that great.

Well done again, Jim.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Noble Numismatics auctions 3 years 4 months ago #73324

• Bicolboy59
  • Thank you received: 71
I found it interesting that the NSW lancer medal was passed in (lot 3990). IMHO way overpriced at 4K, nothing exceptional, if he was a member of the "Fighting 29" I could possibly have greater confidence in the estimate, but Given an officer medal went for about the same price (on conversion) at DNW last month, I think the vendor/auctioneer over extended themselves on reserve for this 1.

Noble Numismatics auctions 3 years 4 months ago #73326

• jim51
Good morning David,
And it is a hot morning here too, forecast of 39deg Celsius.
Invaluable has confirmed my winning bids. Very pleased with picking up the QSA's to Natal Guides and Steinaecker's Horse.
The Australian QSA's were popular and expensive. The WW1 trio's to 1st Day ANZAC Landers went for lower than I thought, I just couldn't resist a couple even though they are not in my collecting theme.
This time I preferred to use Invaluable as the Noble's bidding system didn't work for me last time.
David, I found the bidding was ódd at times, the 'fair warning' pop up didn't appear always. The big jump in bids were a surprise also.
How on earth they manage the bids in the room, their bidding platform, Invaluable and postal bids is beyond me!

Noble Numismatics auctions 3 years 4 months ago #73328

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4527
Morning Jim,

If you minus 20 from your temperature, that is what we are currently experiencing in the UK.

It is good to have your winning bids confirmed.

I used the NN system and found that OK. There were a couple of pauses as they resolved issues with the bidding system but otherwise no usage problems for me. As you say, managing bids from multiple sources and with nearly 5,000 lots, it cannot have been an easy task.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Noble Numismatics auctions 3 years 4 months ago #73440

• jim51
Invoices are out. I got off it lighter than I first thought.
DNW .....mmm

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds