Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: A. Miles - Natal Carbineers - Siege of Ladysmith 11 years 6 months ago #5411

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Rory,

With my interest in the Elandslaagte clasp, my brother and I were fortunate in being able to collect the clasp to many of the units present but the Carbineers remains on the todo list for me and has been there for many years now.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: A. Miles - Natal Carbineers - Siege of Ladysmith 11 years 6 months ago #5415

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 716
David

As with you and Chris, a Carbineers' QSA with an Elandslaagte clasp has eluded me. Unlike you, my Carbineers' collection covers the period from the Zulu War to World War II, so that single absentee is all the more galling. I suspect that Rory knows this and is keeping his example well hidden.

I was told that recently another example of this medal was sold by Spink for a very low price. The seller missed a great opportunity by not offering it to me. Apart from a far higher price for the medal, he would have saved on postage to the UK and Spink's commission.

Regards
Brett

Re: A. Miles - Natal Carbineers - Siege of Ladysmith 11 years 6 months ago #5418

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Gentlemen,
At least you all have Natal Carbineers in your collections, I'm still :sick: with envy! I must make getting just one example a priority!
Regards Frank

Re: A. Miles - Natal Carbineers - Siege of Ladysmith 11 years 6 months ago #5424

• djb
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
Absolutely!
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds