TOPIC:

Re: RSM John Mathieson HLI 11 years 1 month ago #8012

• RV
  • RV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Meurig,

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm very grateful for the information you provided for me which has given me a new insight into his career. I didn't know that his service had been seperate although I suspected that he had volunteered for the Great War after he had left a first spell because he gets a mention in the H.L.I. history as being in his fifties at Gallipoli and Palestine. Thanks for identifying the picture I posted as being at a later stage as his badge of rank was above his Sergeant status during the Boer campaign which I didn't know before. I have been given new impetus by all this new [to me] information and when I find any documents / photographs I will post them up.

Kind regards,

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: RSM John Mathieson HLI 11 years 1 month ago #8013

• RV
  • RV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Frank,

I must thank you for the information regarding my Great Grandfather. I didn't know that he had seperate engagements before and yours and Meurig's information has been wonderful. I'll post up any documents and photographs of his South African service as soon as I get them. The numbers information was brilliant.

Kind regards,

Iain

Re: RSM John Mathieson HLI 11 years 1 month ago #8014

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
A pleasure Iain,
The numbers are shown on the index card for the Great War service, the number 1853 is shown in WO100 for the QSA, I will have a look in WO100/59 as time permits to see if we can find any more.
Lovely group of medals.
Regards Frank

RV wrote: Hello Frank,

I must thank you for the information regarding my Great Grandfather. I didn't know that he had seperate engagements before and yours and Meurig's information has been wonderful. I'll post up any documents and photographs of his South African service as soon as I get them. The numbers information was brilliant.

Kind regards,

Iain

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds