Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Army Service Corp 12 years 7 months ago #1126

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 453
Hello Tony,

What proof do you have that James Fisher was in Durban during the ABW?

If he was in WWI then I would look for his papers on ancestry.co.uk. You say he became an officer - a full commission or was he a Quartermaster and Honarary Major? So, there may be papers for him at Kew in the WO339 or WO374 series. Unfortunately the index is not good, and as you are in Scotland you may wish to hire a researcher.

Regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Army Service Corp 12 years 7 months ago #1127

• NPankhurst
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am interested in finding out some more information on my great grandfather Alfred Pankhurst, born 1870 died 1941. I believe he was a Sergeant Major in the Boer War and I have some records from the Army Service Corps but I think this was WW1? Regiment number TQSR/01776. Any help anyone can give me would be gratefully appreciated. I have researched my family tree quite a bit due to the "famous name" but he is the most interesting person to date and I have no idea when it comes to military records. I also have some good photos from South Africa if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Re: Army Service Corp 7 years 3 months ago #51703

• Taffysboy
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I'm helping a friend of mine who's name is Carl Pankhurst, He knows his Great Grandfather was Alfred Pankhurst and confirms that he was a Regimental Sgt Major in the Boer War. It seems he was living in Longford Ireland in 1911 and was a Free Mason. I'm trying to find out the descendent s of Alfred to get Carls kink to his Grandfather correct. Can you help?

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds